This is awesome! You’re here. I’m here. We’re chatting, maybe it’s at Starbucks and I’ve got coffee, a laptop, some books, and we’re talking about what this life is all about. And you’ve got some ideas and some questions and I’ve got some of my own and there just isn’t enough time to cover it all. Not in this moment.
So we start with weather and the chit chat, but we both know that’s just getting our voices ready to actually talk about the hard stuff, because we can’t really just dive in, can we? We can’t just talk about the meaning of it all and what God has to do with it. We can’t talk about our faith and our behaviors and our churches without making some safe space for it. So we just slowly wind our way there.
Sometimes it just seems like all we do is prepare ourselves to speak, but we never actually speak. We never get to the real questions, or we settle on pat excuses. Like “this is just a cycle” or “they’ll be back” or “what else are we going to do” because “we’ve always done it this way.” Not here. You can skip that with me. This thing we’re trying to do is too important not to cut to the chase.
We’re trying to change the world and change our lives.
So I want to help you dive into the stuff that interests you most. If you want to read more about that, check out my About page.
TOUR THE PLACE
Take a few minutes to take a look around. To make it easier, I’ve included some of my most popular articles and a few of my personal favorites. Then check out some of the things you can do to take this thing to the next level.
Read a series
Read some favorite articles
- What a Young Pastor Hears When You Talk About Bivocational Ministry
- Why That Thing You Tell Your Pastor On Sunday Morning Might Not Get Done.
- We Politicized Tragedy Long Before Now
- The Unbearable Lightness of Meing
- When Baptism Gets In the Way of Being a Good Christian
- Not By Scripture Alone
- How to Make More Meaning in Church
- The sleeping giant of progressive Christianity
- The Next Big Thing for Christianity
- The Church’s leadership problem and how we can fix it
- Not the Sacraments, But the Sacramental
- The Great Storyteller
Read past sermons
Read other works
Read an ebook
- reach out for conversation or to collaborate
- subscribe to my newsletter, The Drewsletter
- search the archives by category or simply type in a keyword below
Go, make something, and share it. That is what we’re called to. And have fun!