You have choice. We all do.
In fact, you have many choices. A life full of choices.
As a person of faith, it all starts with a choice. A choice to believe or not.
For many of us, that is a choice made for us until we were old enough to make it for ourselves. Then each of us makes it.
Sometimes it is an unconscious choice. The choice to keep doing what we always do. But it’s a choice.
31 Choices for Christians
What follows are choices every Christian needs to wrestle with at some point. These aren’t the only choices we have as faithful people. Oh my word, there are hundreds more. But these are the juicy ones.
Some are easy. Some aren’t. But all are important.
I invite you to join with me as we go through 31 of the most enduring and relevant questions of our faith.
I won’t give you the answers or exhaust you with “all the information”. I couldn’t.
But I invite you to join me in a process of discernment. Of wrestling with one question at a time. And I invite you to make a choice. A choice for yourself. And then wrestle with what that actually means.
Are you with me? Then let’s get started!
1. Do I have a choice?
2. Who is God?
3. What should we call you, God?
4. What is God after?
5. What does God think of creation?
6. How has God been active in the world?
7. Dude, where’s my God?
8. Is God all up in our business?
9. What the hell is sin?
10. If God is love, what’s with all the hate?
11. Do I have to dig on the Trinity or is God cool with me anyway?
12. Is the church necessary?
13. What about The Law?
14. Does my justification by faith mean I can do whatever I want?
15. Let’s talk about the sacraments.
16. What happens in the Eucharist?
17. What should we do with sex, gender, and the culture wars?
18. How come I never hear about Christian Hope?
19. If we’re all into one church, how can there be denominations?
20. Is Jesus the only way to God?
21. Life, death, and me; or am I SOL if I kill somebody?
22. How bad is premarital sex? Is it, like bad, or the worst thing I can do?
23. Getting Things Done – The cult of hard work and faith like a business
24. If we’re all getting raptured, then we’re cool with styrofoam, right?
25. Is Jesus cool with MMA? Self-defense and the gospel.
26. I’m going to go find God in the woods.
27. Can we build a wall? Refugees, immigration, and hospitality
28. Just do the right thing.
29. Money – evil or blessing?
30. Drawing the bad hand – When both of your choices suck.